EGGtoberfest 2016 Winning Recipe: Jailhouse "Rocks"
2016 1st Place Winning Recipe at Big Green Egg's Eggtoberfest at Stone Mountain, GA by Craig Tabor (@BigGreenCraig) www.biggreencraig.com
Fogo Premium Lump Charcoal
- 3/4 c packed brown sugar
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 c softened sutter
- 1 tsp banana extract
- 1 grilled banana
- 2-1/4 c AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6oz peanut butter chips
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- Meat Church Honey Hog
- 1-1/4 c AP flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 c + 2tbs milk
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 c powder sugar
- 2 tbs smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbs water
Deep Fry Oil
- Leaving the banana in the peel, grill it over direct heat until the entire peel has turned dark and the banana is mushy. Remove from the grill and allow to cool.
- Add the softened stick of butter, white sugar and brown sugar to a stand mixer and cream.
- Then remove the banana and add it to the butter/sugar mix and allow to combine.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Refrigerate the dough over night.
- Set up your cooker for indirect smoking and preheat to 250F.
- Lay the bacon out on a cooling rack or a perforated grilling pan.
- Brush each strip with Amaretto, apply a healthy layer of brown sugar and dust with Meat Church Honey Hog
- Smoke the bacon for approx 90 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Once cool, rough chop the bacon.
- Set aside for garnishing.
- Combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Keep refrigerated until ready for use.
- Combine all ingredients
- Set aside
Preheat the frying oil to 375F. Use a vessel that will accommodate 3" deep oil.
While the oil is preheating, roll the dough into balls. Place them on a wax paper lined cookie tray. Roll them into quarter sized balls. refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Dip the cold cookie dough into the batter and drop into the hot oil. Fry until they are golden brown, approx 4-5 minutes. Use a strainer or spider to remove them from the hot oil. Allow them to drain on a paper towel.
Glaze them and garnish with the chopped bacon! Serve and enjoy!!
This delicious recipe is brought to you by Craig Tabor (@BigGreenCraig).
Visit his website: www.biggreencraig.com.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.