Clams on the Grill
It is that time of year again when the summer backyard gatherings begin happening and we set out to show off our grilling prowess. Yes, Summer Grilling Season is here, or as we like to call it, FOGO Season! Whether it be hamburgers and hot dogs, bratwurst or whatever else you are serving, we all take great pride in putting out the best food possible for our friends and family. Well, we here at FOGO would like to help you up your grill game without consuming your entire day. We are trying to help with some simple, delicious recipes that will blow your guests away. We recently showed you how to make a steakhouse quality burger, how to reverse sear the perfect steak and now, how to grill clams on your grill!
These clams with a simple butter, wine and garlic sauce will be the hit of any backyard barbecue you throw. But be careful, they will be asking you to make these tasty treats every time the grill gets lit. The best news for that is that they are incredibly simple and only take about 10 minutes on the grill. There are many different sizes of clams, and we find that the “middle neck” size work best for this recipe.
Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel and turn on notifications so that you will know every time that we release another video to help you go from another guy with a grill to the backyard barbecue superhero that is inside each and every one of you. We hope you are enjoying your summer and having plenty of chances to get out and grill and enjoying #TheFOGOLife!
RECIPE TYPE- Seafood- clams
SKILL LEVEL- Beginner
GRILL TIME- 10 Minutes
FOGO Premium Charcoal- The First Ingredient
“Middle Neck” Clams
1 Stick of unsalted butter
1 Shallot- chopped
2 cloves of garlic- minced
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
Red pepper flakes
½ Cup Dry White Wine- we used Chardonnay
- Fill your grill with FOGO Premium Charcoal and prepare it for direct grilling over medium high heat.
- Place your clams in a large bowl of water and scrub each clam shell to clean any dirt that may be on the shells.
- Place a small cast iron pot or pan over the charcoal, add ¼ of the stick of butter, the shallots, and minced garlic.
- Place your clams directly on the grate and spread them out in a single layer.
- Cook the shallots and garlic until the shallots are translucent. Add the rest of the butter, lemon juice, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and the wine. You may also add chopped herbs at this pint if you choose. Cilantro, basil, rosemary, sage, thyme are all great herbs to use for this.
- The clams will cook, and they will open when they are done. Remove each opened clam from the grill to a separate tray or platter, being careful to save as much of the liquids in the clams as possible. *Note- some may open partially, allow those to cook longer as most will open further.
- Once all the clams have come off the grill, pour the wine sauce over the opened clams. Try to get some of the sauce into each clam. Use a fork to remove the meat from each clam and enjoy!
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.