Lobster Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
Here we are again, the one day a year that is dedicated to the most overworked and underpaid person in our lives, our Moms. I am sure that most of you, just like me, show Mom love all year round but today is special, it is Mother’s Day! It is a day to spoil her with love and shower her with gifts. But, if you REALLY want to show her just how much she means to you, nothing beats a great home cooked meal. Not just any home cooked meal, I’m talking about the Rolls Royce and Bentley of meals combined into one. Filet mignon, lobster, and a sauce so good that my daughter calls it simply, heaven sauce.
Take your time, make this meal with love, and savor every rich and delicious bite. This is a truly special meal that should be more of an event than just a meal. I know this, if your house is anything like my house, this one will be talked about for quite some time and will certainly be requested by everyone for every occasion that comes around on the calendar. Is there any better feeling in the world? So go show Mom, your wife, grandmother, or any other important female in your life some appreciation and get out and grill and enjoy The FOGO Life.
- Fill your grill with FOGO Premium Charcoal and prepare it for indirect cooking at 250°.
- Remove the tenderloin from the fridge and coat with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Allow the meat to sit on the counter for ½ hour to come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, use kitchen shears or a knife to cut down the top of each lobster tail until you reach the “fans” of the tail. Use your thumbs to separate the meat from the shell and pull the still attached meat up out of the shell and lay it on top.
- Place the stick of butter, a sprinkling of garlic powder and the chopped herbs into a grill safe pot. Place the tails and the pot of butter onto the grill and close the lid.
- Cook your tails, basting each numerous times with the butter mixture until they reach 140° internal temperature. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Lay the tenderloin out completely and make an incision in the side of the meat, cutting to within one inch of the opposite side to create a pocket.
- Remove the lobster meat from the shells and cut them in half lengthwise. Place each ½ tail in the pocket, end to end, starting at the thick end. Pour some of the butter mixture over the tails into the pocket of the meat. Stuff ½ of the herbs from the butter along the tails. Fold the tail end of the meat over so it makes for a uniform shaped roast, ensuring the lobster meat is tucked inside. Tie the roast closed in one inch increments. Give the roast a coating of the butter mixture and reapply seasoning so it has full coverage.
- Place the roast on the grill and cook until it reaches 125° internal temperature. While the roast is cooking, prepare your sauce.
- Place a medium saucepan over medium high heat on your stovetop. Pour enough butter mixture in the pan to coat the bottom. Sprinkle some black pepper and the onion into the pan for cook for two minutes. Add the broth and cook for two minutes. Add the cream and the bourbon, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring until the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Do not let it boil for too long or the sauce could separate and won’t remain creamy.
- Once the roast has reached 125° internal temperature, remove it and rearrange the grill for direct grilling. Let that fire get good and hot while the beef rests for ten minutes. Place the tenderloin back on the hot grill and sear all sides for one to one and a half minutes per side or until it starts to develop color and a slight char.
- Remove the roast to a cutting board. Slice it in between each piece of twine. (serve it with the string but warn your guests. You do NOT want to make Mom mad!)
- Pour the sauce over the slices and serve.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.