Make Your Own BIG MAC
Fast Food at Home
When it comes to fast food burgers, there is one that stands out and is a definite household name, The Big Mac. Yes, this treat from that “restaurant” with the golden arches is most definitely one of my guilty pleasures. The simple ingredients just come together to form a mouth-watering bite that always puts a smile on my face. You know the ingredients, come on, show your age, sing it with me…. 2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. Don’t know what I’m talking about? Go ask old Uncle Larry about it, he will know.
The good news is that you don’t have to go through the drive-through to get your hands on one of these delicious meat mountains. Nope, you can make them right at home on your grill! You know what else? They are even better than Ronald McDonald’s place. That’s right, I said it, EVEN BETTER! Not only that but you’ll save yourself some serious coin by making them yourself. Hey, a few extra bucks in the pocket never hurts, am I right?
One of the big changes that we made to improve upon the Hamburglar’s favorite is to increase the size of the beef patties. While they use a 1.6-ounce beef patty, we nearly doubled that and went with 3-ounce patties. We really felt that this alone was a major improvement over the original. The other is the use of fresh onions. When they get their onion delivered, they are dehydrated onion that have to be soaked in water to rehydrate. No way that these can compete with fresh chopped onions. As a matter of fact, I would say that everything that we used was an improvement over the fast-food ingredients.
If you go online and search for McDonald’s Special Sauce Recipe, there are hundreds of variations. This one is one that has been used in my family for years. My Dad showed me the base of this sauce when I was a kid and I kind of switched it up a bit and added some items to make it even better. To me, it is as close to their actual sauce and maybe even better. Try it for yourself and see what you think.
Grilling a Big Mac on the Big Green Egg is a true testament to the versatility and prowess of this remarkable outdoor cooker. By combining the classic flavors of the Big Mac with the unique smokiness of the Big Green Egg, you can create a burger experience like no other. So fire up the FOGO in your Egg, gather the ingredients, and let your taste buds embark on a journey they won't soon forget! It doesn’t have to be an Egg you know. You can make this delicious copycat Big Mac recipe on any charcoal grill that you prefer. I hope that you will try this out for yourself and let us know what you think. Whatever you do, please, remember to get out and grill and we will see you the next time on The FOGO Life!
- Fill your grill with FOGO Premium Charcoal and prepare it for direct grilling over a medium hot fire.
- Place the ½ moon cast iron pan on your cooking grate and add a light coat of the Wagyu Tallow.
- Season the burger patties with a light coat of the Garlic Salt & black pepper and place them seasoning side down, not the griddle pan. Now season the top side of each patty.
- Cook until the juices are seeping out of the top of the burgers and the bottom has developed a good crust. Using your Ultimate Grill Spatula, flip the patties and repeat the cooking method for the 2nd
- Spread a layer of Special Sauce on the bottom bun. Next, add a layer of onion, lettuce, a slice of American Cheese and a burger patty. Using the bottom of a second bun, place it on top of the burger patty. Next, add another layer of Special Sauce, lettuce, pickles, the 2nd burger patty and finally the top bun. BOOM--- Instant Big Mac!
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.