- Fogo Premium Lump Charcoal
- 1 Pork Belly cut into a rectangle
- 1 Pork Tenderloin or Loin Trimmed
- 1 cup of Kale
- 1 cup of Italian Parsley
- 1/4 cup of Minced Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Remove the kale stems chop coarsely then add.
- Coarsely chop the parsley then add.
- Add garlic.
- Add the entire zest of lemon.
- Add the juice of one lemon.
- Add 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pulse the ingredients 5 to 6 times.
Brine the pork belly for at least an hour with your brine of choice. An overnight brine is preferred. (Optional)
Make sure the pork belly is trimmed into a rectangle shape and remove the skin if present. This will make it easier to roll.
Trim the pork loin of any fat and make sure it's the same width as the pork belly.
Apply olive oil to the inside of the belly.
Spread a layer of the filling across the belly leaving room for the loin on one end.
Add the loin to the very end of the belly.
Roll everything into a super tight roll.
Tie the roll with butcher twine.
Add to the Rodizio skewer.
Prepare the Big Green Egg with plenty of Fogo Supero Premium Lump Charcoal. since we are using the rodizio, the egg does not need to set to a particular temperature. Light the charcoal. The charcoal will heat fairly quickly.
When it's ready, add the skewer.
Keep adding more charcoal so that our temperatures stay fairly hot.
Cook the pork until the internal temperature is 145F and pull from the egg.
Rest for 10 minutes then slice. Enjoy!
Recipe by Tim Shelburn (@tshelburn).