Apple Bourbon Glazed Double Smoked Ham
There is not a meal that screams the holidays more than a smoked spiral ham. It is a beautiful and delicious centerpiece to your holiday meal. If you would like to really kick it up a notch or six, smoke it again! Yes, instead of heating it in the oven, throw it on your grill or smoker and let the FOGO do the work. The extra smokiness and incredible flavor of the glaze is something that is sure to wow your guests! Enjoy this delicious recipe and we at FOGO Charcoal Company want to thank you for the support and wish you and your family a very Happy Holidays and a very happy and safe New Year!
- Fill your grill with FOGO Premium Charcoal and Barrel Proof Smoking Chunks. Set it up for indirect grilling at 275°.
- Lift each spiral slice and sprinkle with the BBQ Rub
- Place the ham on a rack in a pan and place in the center of your grate. Inset your Meater+ thermometer in the thickest part of the ham to monitor temperatures.
- While the ham is smoking, prepare your glaze. Place a pot over medium high heat. Add the Apple Cider, Brown Sugar, Bourbon, Pumpkin Pie spice and Ground Cloves. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat a bit and simmer. Continue cooking the glaze until it is reduced by about ¼ and has a thickened a bit. Add the butter and stir until it has completely melted. Remove from the heat.
- If you are using a spritz, spray the ham every 20-30 minutes
- When the ham hits 115°, it’s time for the first coat of glaze. Pour some of the glaze over the top of the ham and brush it all over the ham to completely cover it.
- When the internal temp hits 125°, give the ham another coat of glaze.
- When the ham reaches an internal temperature of 130°, it is time to pull it off. Allow the ham to rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.