Bacon & Beef Wrapped Stuffed Avocados
FOGO Charcoal YT Giveaway
Not only do you get a great recipe this week, but a contest to boot! (Prize to be announced)We could not come up with a name for these that we could all agree upon , so we came up with an idea. We want you to come up with the name. To enter, simply watch the video and leave us a comment letting us know what you think these should be called. Our esteemed panel of judges will review all of the entries and pick a winner. YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL TO QUALIFY! Good Luck!
The Recipe Development
I was looking for something unique to prepare for all of you and was tossing around some ideas with avocados. Well, when Ninja from Salty Tales Channel and I spoke, he advised me to try his recipe for “Dinosaur Eggs”. They are simply stuffed avocados, wrapped in beef and bacon, smoked, and coated in BBQ Sauce to finish. Let me tell you, when he explained it, I knew I had to try it. Let’s just say that I was glad that I did.
Avocado- The Super Food
Avocados not only taste great, but they are considered to be a “Super Food”. No, that does not mean that they fly around wearing tights and capes and saving the world. No, that is a superhero. Totally different. These are a super food! They are one of the most nutrient dense foods out there. They are also some of the richest foods in fiber, folate, potassium, vitamin E and magnesium. For me, the best part is that they taste great and go well with so many different types of foods. They work especially well when cooked on the grill over charcoal.
Great Flavor Combinations
You could prepare the filling with any type of flavors that you want to. There are no set rules. We went with a Mexican flavor profile but don’t let that stop you from making your own combinations. Make them sweet, make them spicy, make them however you’d like, just make them! You will not be sorry. Let us know if you make these and tell us what you think. We would love to see your culinary creations, so please, tag us in your social media so that we don’t miss a thing. Until then, get out and grill and we will see you the next time on The FOGO Life.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Remove the skin from the avocado. This is easiest done with a large spoon and scoop it along the skin and the meat.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, Mexican flavored cheese, salsa, and Nashville Hot seasoning until fully mixed. Set in the refrigerator for a minimum of one-half hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and fill the cavity in each avocado half with the cream cheese mixture. Make it so the cream cheese is even with the flat side of the avocado so the 2 halves will fit together. Put the 2 halves together and squeeze them together so that they are tight.
- Take a hand full of the beef and flatten it out to ¼’ thickness or thicker if you’d like. Wrap the avocado with the beef, making sure the entire avocado is covered. Sprinkle the outside with the Tina Cannon Rub. Wrap each stuffed avocado with bacon, covering it from tip to tip. Sprinkle the bacon with a touch more Nashville Hot Rub.
- Set the stuffed, wrapped avocados in the refrigerator while you light the grill. This will allow them to set up.
- Fill your grill with FOGO Premium Charcoal and prepare for indirect grilling at 350°.
- Place the avocados on the grill, indirect and cook them for 45 minutes. Using your long handle basting brush, coat each one with barbecue sauce and cook for 10-15 minutes more. Just until the sauce has become sticky and tacky.
- Remove, slice, and serve. Enjoy!
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.