Almost nothing makes people smile more than a good taco. These carne asado tacos are sure to please even the finickiest of eaters’ smile. The marinated flank steak is so flavorful that you’ll want to eat it all by itself! The tomatillo salsa is also great for the tacos or eaten by simply scooping some onto a nacho chip and devouring.
- Mix all ingredients (except for the beef) for the steak in a resealable plastic bag
- Add the steak and squeeze and move it around so that the beef is completely covered in the marinade.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning once
- Fill your grill with FOGO Premium Charcoal and prepare for direct grilling over medium high heat
- Remove the beef from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill the beef, tomatillos, jalapenos and onion until the tomatillos and jalapenos are fully charred (turn them often) and the onions have good grill marks. Cook the beef for 10-15 minutes for medium doneness, turning once. Remove and allow the beef to rest 10 -15 minutes
- Place tomatillos, jalapenos (seed and de-vein to reduce the heat if you prefer) onion, garlic, cilantro, oil and lime juice to a food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tortillas on the grill until they begin to brown. About 1 minute per side.
- Slice the beef ACROSS the grain into pencil thin slices
- Place beef, salsa, and whatever toppings you choose. We like raw white onion, sliced radishes, extra cilantro and cotija cheese.