The Juicy Lucy Burger, Take 2
This is our second time covering Juicy Lucy aka Jucy Lucy burgers. Do you want to know why? Because it is summer grilling season, and they are so good that it’s worth repeating! That oozing, cheesy goodness that is stuffed inside of each patty is what burger dreams are made of. Do not waste any time, run out and get what you need to grill up these tasty beefy creations. Don’t forget, it all starts with The First Ingredient, FOGO Charcoal!
RECIPE TYPE- Burgers
SKILL LEVEL- Easy
GRILL TIME- 10 minutes
(Makes 4 burgers)
FOGO Premium Charcoal- The First Ingredient
2 ½ Lbs. of 80/20 Ground Beef, divided into 8 equal parts (5 ounces each)
4 pieces of Babybel Cheese (use processed American slices if you cannot find Babybel)
Ground Black Pepper
4 Hamburger buns
For the burger sauce:
2 heaping Tbsps. of mayonnaise
2 heaping Tbsps. of ketchup
1 heaping Tbsp. of mustard
8 chopped dill pickle slices
1 splash of pickle juice
- Prepare your grill for direct grilling over medium high heat over our Premium Charcoal
- Form 4 of the ground beef chunks into flat burger patties.
- Place one round Babybel in the center of each patty.
- Form 4 more, same sized patties and place them over the bottom burger with the cheese on them. Press the edges firmly to seal so no melted cheese oozes out during cooking
- Sprinkle each burger with kosher salt and black pepper. Allow them to rest for ten minutes prior to grilling. Place the burgers on the grill.
- Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place your buns face down on the grill for 30 seconds to one minute to brown the face of the buns.
- Combine all the burger sauce ingredients together and coat the inside of the top of the bun with it.
- Place one patty on each bun bottom, put the top bun on and devour that tasty creation!
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.