French Toast Skewers with Grilled Strawberries
We bring you the perfect way to start any day on a sweet note! Today we bring you a fresh, toasty and juicy breakfast recipe for you to enjoy on a nice summer morning. We do our own take on the traditional french toast by grilling it, bringing in that nice grilled flavor into the mix. We decided to add some strawberries to the grill to add some freshness and tartness to the crunchy but delicate French Toast. We top it off with our favorite maple syrup, but don’t let us hinder your imagination or your cravings and add all the toppings you enjoy most! Keep on reading below for ingredients and instructions.
- Light grill and set it up at about 250F degrees, for direct heat on one side and indirect heat on the other.
- Start cutting the brioche loaf into 2-inch size squared pieces, once done put the brioche on the skewers (about 4 to 5 pieces per skewer) make sure to leave a bit of space in between so the brioche crisps all around. After, stem the strawberries and put them on skewers as well.
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon, nutmeg, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla, and whisk them all together. Pour this mixture over a sheet pan and put the brioche skewers to soak, make sure to get that mixture on all sides.
- Place foil on the indirect side of the grate and oil the direct heat side of grate generously, as the bread is quite sensitive and can easily stick. Place the brioche skewers on direct heat to grill all sides, make sure to leave that toasty and crunchy finish according to your taste. Once the brioche is done, place them on the foil to keep them warm up until they are ready to serve.
- Now it’s time for the strawberries to be grilled, we prefer to not grill them for too long and keep the nice freshness and firmness they have, but feel free to cook them for longer if you like them softer.
- Once done, serve the skewers with a side of your favorite maple syrup or any other type syrup you enjoy. This can also be great with some fresh whipped cream, some shaved almonds and even chocolate syrup - there’s not wrong doing here!
The great thing about this recipe is that it can also be used as a dessert, it’s not only a sweet treat everyone around you will love, but also it is pretty easy to make and does not require many ingredients - simple enough for you to enjoy all those barbecue parties you’re having this summer.
Let us know if you give this recipe a try on the comments section below and let us know what toppings you used.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.