It's about to get sticky.
No need for Chinese takeout! Fire up your grill (with FOGO) and get started on this delicious alternative to the famous Char Siu Pork. Our Sticky Glazed Char Siu Chicken is very simple to prepare and grill. The smell of the marinade is an aroma like none other. As soon as you sprinkle in the Chinese five spice powder, it will hit you.
- Fogo Super Premium Lump Charcoal
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. beet powder
- 2 tbsp. Mirin rice cooking wine
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp. Chinese five-spice powder
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 3 tbsp sriracha (Or more if you want more spice. This will provide a mild spice)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chicken thighs, legs
Mix all ingredients in a plastic bag or container and marinate overnight.
Prepare grill for indirect heat at 300 degrees.
Move the chicken around to cook evenly. Since these are thighs (dark meat), grill to 165-170 degrees. Place the chicken directly over coals for last few minutes to get some grill marks and char if you think they need it.
Place over lettuce and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion.