Are you watching your weight, trying to lower your carbs, maybe doing Paleo or Keto? This recipe is both healthy, quick to do and compliant with Paleo and Keto diets.
Avocado is very nutritious, they are full of monounsaturated fatty acids that are good for the heart. It has become increasingly popular, especially amongst the health-conscious crowds. It’s low cholesterol and full of protein, no wonder they call it a superfood!
I did a variation of this recipe for my family for breakfast, various times in a week, and they didn’t get bored of it. It was easy to do on the grill, took no more than half an hour and the breakfast was top-notch! Even my wife, who rarely eats breakfast, had her share every time I would grill the avocado!
What I love about this week's recipe is that it's very versatile, the avocado only serves as the base, and you can be creative and take it from there. You can try it with bacon and egg, egg whites and salmon, turkey, shrimp, chicken stuffed with vegetables….you name it! Something different every day, but always delicious!
These instructions are specific to the avocados I did in the video. The two sets of avocados in this video are: one is a full egg filled with bacon and pepper, and the other avocado is filled with only the egg whites, smoked salmon and pepper.
Fogo All-Natural Brazilian Eucalyptus Blend Hardwood Charcoal is made from dense Brazilian Eucalyptus Hardwoods. Eucalyptus Charcoal is favored by Brazilian Rodizio Steakhouses because it lights fast, burns incredibly hot and imparts that delicious Steakhouse flavor.
- FOGO Eucalyptus blend, the first ingredient. Light with FOGOstarters
- 2 Avocado
- 2 Eggs
- Smoked salmon
- Red peppers
- Salt and pepper to season
- Set your grill to indirect cooking at 400 degrees.
- Cut your avocado in half and remove the seed, scrape out a little more of the avocado (and eat it!) so there is more space for the egg and filling.
- I could only fit about half the egg, so I took a little bit of the egg whites off and used them for the second set of grilled avocados.
- Slice the chives, and sprinkle on the raw egg and season with salt.
- Dice the bacon and red pepper. Then add it to the egg inside the avocado. Season to your liking.
- The second avocado I filled with diced smoked salmon and egg whites. I also sprinkled with red peppers, chives, and seasoned with salt and peppers.
- Grill for about 20 minutes, until the egg is to your liking. If you like your egg yolks ready, the trick is to separate the egg yolk and egg whites before you cook them. Only pour the egg whites into the avocado and put it on the grill. Once the egg white settles, put the egg yolk on top of the avocado, and cook for another five minutes.
Remove from the grill and add dill as garnishment.
Scoop out with a spoon. The results were delicious, the creamy avocado with the flavor of the egg make one interesting meal. Both that I did were very different. I preferred the one with the full egg, but it depends on your preference! If you would like to see more healthy recipes or breakfast recipes, leave a comment below. Thanks for watching!