Take your baked potatoes to a whole new level by putting them on the grill over Fogo charcoal. These baked potato medallions have so much more grilled flavor than a traditional baked potato. Whether it is a side for your favorite steak recipe or as an appetizer, these crispy potatoes will not disappoint.
Video Recipe:Serving size: 6
Difficulty Level: 2/5
- FOGO Premium charcoal, the first ingredient. Light with FOGOstarters
- 2 Russet baking potatoes
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Bacon Bits
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Green onion or chives
1) Light up your grill with Fogo Premium Lump Charcoal and set it up for indirect heat at 350 degrees. Bake the potatoes whole on the grill until tender. Remove the potatoes and then set up the grill for direct heat while the potatoes cool.
2) Slice off ends of the potato and cut into ¾” medallions. Lay the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer. Melt the butter and brush it on the potatoes. Season them with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
3) Your grill should be set up for direct heat at 350 degrees. Using tongs, put the potatoes on the grate and grill them until crispy. To get nice grill marks, rotate the potatoes 90 degrees halfway through. If they stick, just wait another minute and they will release from the grate once it sears and crisps up. Just before flipping, brush the top side with butter and season with salt and pepper. Remove the potatoes once both sides are crispy and browned.
4) Sprinkle some shredded cheese on the potatoes. Add a small dollop of sour cream followed by some more cheese. Sprinkle on bacon bits and chives and serve hot.
These potatoes make a great side to a nice steak. Try our reverse seared steak recipe to go along with these potatoes!
* If you want an appetizer, try using baby red potatoes sliced thin and baked on some parchment paper. Once crispy, remove and add the toppings for a bite-sized snack!