Have you ever gone out to eat at a great steakhouse and ordered a burger? If you have, you probably enjoyed one of the juiciest and most flavorful burgers imaginable. They just seem to be juicier and tastier than what most people make at home. These incredible burgers are the things dreams are made of. Wouldn’t it be nice if our burgers at home turned out this way?
I have great news for you. It is not difficult to replicate that same burger for your loved ones right in the comforts of your own backyard. Yes, you can create these delicious beefy patties right on your grill with very little effort. Just follow our simple instructions and you will amaze your guests with these tasty beefy creations. Just be sure to watch your temperatures or you can dry the burgers out if you’re not careful. Do this correctly and they will be hailing you as a true grill guru!
RECIPE TYPE- Burgers
SKILL LEVEL- Beginner
GRILL TIME- 10 minutes
FOGO Premium Charcoal- The First Ingredient
2 Lbs. 80/20 Ground Beef
½ stick (4 oz) unsalted butter - FROZEN
Fresh ground black pepper
Toppings of your choice
BURGER SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
¼ Cup Ketchup
¼ Cup Mayonnaise
1/8th Cup Ground Mustard
1-2 TBSP Sriracha Sauce
- Prepare your grill for two zone cooking by placing the FOGO Charcoal on one side and leave the other side with no direct heat. Heat the grill to 250°.
- Using a grater, grate the butter into the ground beef and combine. Form 4 equal sized patties and place them in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes to set up. Be sure to press a dent into the middle of each burger patty, this will help the burgers maintain their shape while cooking and not allow them to blow up like a balloon.
- Remove the burgers from the refrigerator and season each with kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place the burgers on the indirect side and close the lid. Cook until they reach 155-160°.
- Once at temperature, move the burgers over to the direct side to sear and form a char, this should take about 2 minutes per side.
- Lightly butter the inside of the top and bottom of the buns and place them on the grill for ½-1 minute. Give them enough time to form a slight toasting or char on the buns.
- Combine all ingredients for the burger sauce and combine thoroughly.
- Place a burger patty on the bottom of each bun. Top each with lettuce, onion, tomato or whatever else you’d like to put on your burger. Coat the inside of the top bun with the burger sauce, place it on the burger and take a bite.