BBQ Beef Pizza on the Grill
Pizza on a kamado grill, or any grill for that matter is always a tasty treat. This may seem very intimidating at first. The dough stretching is definitely something that takes a little bit of practice, but you can be spinning pizza and throwing the dough in the air like a pro in no time at all! It just takes some getting used to.
This pizza is a bit different in that there is no tomato sauce, mozzarella, meatballs, sausage, or pepperoni. Nope, this is a true BBQ pizza from start to finish. You can, of course, feel free to change up whatever toppings you’d like. This just happens to be a great way to use up some of that leftover brisket or pulled pork and is always a hit. Try it like this or substitute whatever you’d like. We would love to hear and see what pizza concoctions you come up with. Be sure to tag us in your social media posts so that we don’t miss a single thing. We hope you enjoy the video and leave us a comment. Be sure to subscribe and ring that bell to turn on all notifications. Remember, get out and grill and see you next time on, The FOGO Life.
- Prepare your grill for indirect cooking at 475°-500°. There are many ways to set up your grill for pizza making. My preferred way to set up a kamado style grill is this order, from bottom up: (A)- platesetter, conveggtor or deflector, legs up (B) grate, (C)- a second, smaller platesetter, legs up (D)- pizza stone. Put all of this in the grill soon after lighting and let it all heat up with the grill. This could take up to an hour to fully heat up. Your pizza stone must be heated up or the pizza will not cook evenly.
- Flour your work surface generously and lay your dough down on it. Lightly flour the top of the dough and begin flattening and stretching it by rolling your fingers across it. Continue flattening and stretching the dough, making sure to maintain a constant thickness for the entire dough.
- Flip the dough over and repeat the flattening process on the second side of the dough. Stretch the dough evenly until it is about 1/3rd to ½ the size of your target final size.
- Place both hands flat on the dough and gently rotate and pull your hands away from each other. This will help stretch the dough a bit more. Try to maintain as close to a circular shape the entire time that you are stretching the dough.
- Lastly, lift the dough and place it over your two fists in front of you with thumbs up. Gently pull your two hands away from each other and allow the dough to slide over your hands. Bring your hands back together, allowing the dough turn as you are doing this so that you are working every edge of the dough. Continue this motion until you have stretched it to the size that you are looking for.
- IF THIS ALL SEEMS TOO TOUGH, you can use a rolling pin to stretch the dough and achieve a similar result.
- Place the dough on the pizza screen.
- Evenly spread BBQ sauce over the pizza so you have a light, even coating. Do not be afraid to go close to the edge. This will allow you to have flavor and just a small crust.
- Evenly sprinkle the cheese over the sauce. Remember, the cheese will melt and spread out as it cooks.
- Place whatever BBQ meat you are using evenly on the pizza.
- Sprinkle the red onion evenly on the pizza
- Place the screen with the pizza on it onto your heated pizza stone and close the lid.
- After a few minutes, check the pizza. The cheese should be melting and the dough starting to show signs of cooking.
- Using your pizza peel, spin the pizza 180°. At this point you can remove the screen, but it is not necessary. Spin the pizza and close the lid. Check the pizza again in 2 to 3 minutes. The bottom of the pizza should be a light brown color and the cheese on top should be melted nicely.
- If you have not removed the screen already, you may do so at this point and either place the pizza dough directly on to the stone to finish, or if the pizza is done to your liking, remove it from the grill onto a tray or countertop.
- Using a pizza cutter, run it across the middle of the pizza from one edge to the other, dividing it in two. Turn the pizza 90° and slice through it again. Now cut across it in between those slices going both directions. This should give 8 even sized slices.
Receive Free Shipping on all orders over $40
100% Full Satisfaction policy. No questions asked.
Grill Now, Pay Later!
Orders ship within 24 hours! Any questions?