One of the biggest problems that we see happening with grilling a whole fish is that the darn skin always sticks to the grates. You lose all of that tasty skin and the fish winds up looking like it has been massacred before it ever even makes it to the plate. Well, FOGO’s resident Big Green Eggspert, Captain Ron has found a way to get all of that great grilled fish flavor with a fool proof method for keeping your fish presentable. This grill plate that we used is just the cure for the stuck skin blues. It worked like a champion and still maintained that wonderful flavor. The meat scraped right off of the bone and was white and flaky, just the way it should be. The best part? It didn’t look like the fish went through a garbage disposal. Hit that link to watch the whole video and see for yourself just how well this method works. Don’t forget to subscribe to the channel and leave us a comment. Tell us what your favorite fish is to make on the grill or let us know if you have another fool proof method for grilling fish with the skin intact.
- Fill your grill with FOGO Premium charcoal and heat it to 300°
- Take your fish and cut incisions ¼” deep into both sides of the fish
- Spray the fish completely with Duck Fat Spray, both inside and out. Season the fish on the inside as well as the outside with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Try to get he seasonings down into the incisions that you made.
- Cut a piece of citrus in half and pour it all over the inside and outside of the fish. Slice some more of your citrus and stuff the slices inside of the cavity of the fish. Make an herb bundle with whatever herbs you decided on and stuff that inside the cavity as well.
- Spray the grilling plate with the Duck Fat Spray and lay the fish on the plate.
- Place it in the center of the grill and allow it to cook until it reaches 140° internal temperature and remove the tray from the grill. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.