Pickle Brined Chicken Wings
It is officially football season and tailgating just may be our favorite part of the day! This is the second in a series of easy and tasty tailgate recipes for you to enjoy. The salty brine and the incredible sauce really kick these wings up like a 55-yard field goal through the center of the uprights! You and your guests will surely enjoy these tasty treats as much as your favorite team scoring the game winning touchdown and keep coming back for more. Go ahead and click on the video and watch how our tailgate party got rained out but we didn’t let that stop us!
RECIPE TYPE- Chicken Wings
SKILL LEVEL- Intermediate
GRILL TIME- 45 minutes to 1 hour
TOTAL TIME- 1-2 DAYS
METHOD- Indirect grilling
FOGO Premium Charcoal- The First Ingredient
1 dozen chicken wings, whole or separated
Fresh cracked black pepper
Dill pickle juice
FOR THE SAUCE:
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Large Dill Pickle, chopped
¼ Cup fresh dill, chopped
¼ Cup dill pickle juice
¼ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Place the wings in a sealable container and cover with the dill pickle juice. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, up to 2 days. Shake and mix wings multiple times a day to ensure coverage
- Assemble the sauce: Combine the mayo, chopped pickle, dill, pickle juice and black pepper in a mixing bowl or Mason Jar. Mix well and refrigerate for a minimum of one day.
- Prepare your grill for indirect grilling at 375°
- Remove the wings from the brine and pat dry. Spray the wings lightly with Duck Fat Spray. (You can use oil spray if you don’t have Duck Fat Spray) This will help the skin to become as crispy as possible. Sprinkle one side of each wing lightly with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Place the wings on the grill making sure to leave space in between each one and they’re not touching
- Cook the wings for ½ hour and check on them. If the bottoms are getting well done but the tops need more, flip the wings and finish cooking for an additional 15-30 minutes. The wings are done when they hit 165° internal temperature and the skin is crispy on both sides.
- Remove the wings and serve them with the dill mayo sauce.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.