Reverse Seared Picanha with Chimichurri Sauce
Picanha has long been served as a rotisserie item in many Brazilian Steakhouse around the world. Did you know that you can make the same quality meal in your own backyard for a fraction of the price? Follow along with this video and recipe and see how easy and delicious it is for yourself!
Recipe Type- Beef – Picanha
Skill Level- Intermediate
Grill Time- 40 Minutes
Method- Reverse Sear
Number of Servings- 4-6
FOR THE STEAK:
1 Whole Picanha
Seasoning of your Choice- You can use Kosher Salt & Pepper or the rub of your choice
FOR THE CHIMICHURRI:
1 shallot, chopped fine
1 Red Jalapeno, chopped fine (remove stems and seeds for less heat)
4 Garlic Cloves, chopped fine
½ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Kosher Salt
½ Cup finely chopped cilantro
¼ Cup finely chopped Parsley
¾ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fill your grill with FOGO Charcoal and prepare for 2 zone cooking over a medium hot fire.
- Mix all ingredients for the chimichurri sauce in a bowl and set aside. The sauce should be slightly runny
- Score the fat cap in a diamond pattern deep enough to just reach the meat
- Take note and mark which way the grain is running in the picanha. This is important!
- Season the picanha liberally with your seasonings, making sure to get the seasonings down into the scored fat cap.
- Place the picanha on the indirect side of the grill with the fattest side closest to the fire.
- Cook the picanha until the internal temperature reaches 125°.
- Remove the meat from the grill and allow the fire to build to a much higher heat for searing. Allow the steaks to rest for a minimum of ten minutes while the grill is heating up
- Using two fingers as a measurement, slice the picanha WITH THE GRAIN into individual steaks.
- You can add more seasoning to the cut side of each steak if you choose to, it is optional.
- Place each steak, cut side down onto the direct side of the grill and sear it for one to one and a half minutes per side. You are simply trying to get some char and marks on the steak
- Remove the steaks to a cutting board. Slice each steak across the grain and top with 1-2 tbsp of the chimichurri.
Receive Free Shipping on all orders over $40
100% Full Satisfaction policy. No questions asked.
Grill Now, Pay Later!
Orders ship within 24 hours! Any questions?