Beef Ribs on the M1 Smoker
If you have been on Instagram or any other BBQ type sites, then you know that smoked beef ribs are one of the hottest trends going now. Also known as brisket on a stick, these fat, meaty dino ribs are truly something to behold. With the amount of meat on each rib, you are sure to be able to feed more than just the four servings that we mentioned in the recipe. If you follow that recipe exactly, you are sure to produce a jaw dropping meal that will be sure to impress.
RECIPE TYPE: Beef Short Ribs
SKILL LEVEL: Advanced
GRILL TIME: 8-9 Hours
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 4
FOGO Super Premium Charcoal- The First Ingredient
Smoking Wood- Oak, Hickory….
1 Rack of beef Short Ribs aka Plate Ribs- these generally come with 3 bones
BBQ Rub of your choice- we used PS Seasoning Texas Rodeo Brisket Rub
For Texas Style Ribs, use a 50/50 combo of Kosher Salt & Course Ground Black Pepper instead of the rub
- Prepare your smoker for indirect cooking at 250° using FOGO Super Premium Charcoal and a smoking wood of your choice. We recommend Oak or Hickory for a rich smoky flavor. We smoked these on the new FOGO M1 reverse flow smoker by M-Grills.
- Remove the membrane on the back of the ribs and coat the entire surface of the ribs with your seasoning.
- Once the thick white smoke has dissipated and turned blue or clear, place your ribs, bone side down in the middle of your cooking surface. Insert your meat thermometer in the thickest part of the meat without touching the bones. Cook the ribs until they hit an internal temp of 165° or until the bark is set to your satisfaction.
- Remove the ribs from the smoker and wrap them securely in pink butcher paper. Return to the smoker and continue cooking until a target temperature of 203°. Begin checking for doneness around 190°. Ours were probe tender by 195° and we removed them. By probe tender, we mean that a temperature probe will penetrate the meat with little to no resistance.
- Place the wrapped ribs into a Cambro Container or a cooler. Cover them with towels and close it up. Allow the ribs to rest for at least one hour in there before removing them and slicing. When they’re ready, simply slice in between the bones and serve.
Receive Free Shipping on all orders over $40
100% Full Satisfaction policy. No questions asked.
Grill Now, Pay Later!
Orders ship within 24 hours! Any questions?