- Fogo Premium Lump Charcoal
- 16oz block of feta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups of fresh basil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4-5 strips of sun dried tomatoes
- 1/8 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf of crusty baguette
Setup your Fogo Charcoal and grill for direct grilling. The temperature should be approximately 400F.
Add the remaining 3 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to a cast iron skillet. Pictured is a Lodge 8" skillet.
Cube the feta cheese and add to pan. Season with a pinch of S&P.
Drizzle the pesto sauce over the cubed cheese. Place the skillet directly on the grill grate.
Slice the crusty baguette as desired. Brush the bread with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toast directly over the fire. The bread will toast extremely fast so be careful.
Allow the cheese to cook until all of it is bubbling. Serve SIZZLING.
Recipe by @BigGreenCraig.