Did your Mom or Dad make fried bologna sandwiches for you when you were a kid? Well, we took that childhood favorite and kicked it up a few notches by doing our favorite thing to do with any food, smoke it! The BBQ rub and the smoke flavor bring this childhood favorite to a whole other level. I know that this may sound odd to some of you but trust me, don’t knock it until you have tried it. It is simple to make, fun to do and best of all……IT’S DELICIOUS!!! Now click the link to watch the video, light up that FOGO Charcoal and make yourself, your friends and your family one of these tasty sammiches!
- Fill your grill with FOGO Premium Charcoal and prepare it for smoking indirect at 275° using smoking wood chunks.
- Score the bologna around and lengthwise about ½” deep in about 1” increments.
- Slather the bologna with the mayo and apply the rub. Try to get the mayo and rub down into the score marks for better rub penetration.
- Place the chub on the grates and allow it to smoke for roughly 2 hours. The bologna should have a nice solid bark to it at this point. You can cook it for longer if you’d like but remember, it is already cooked, and we are simply reheating it.
- Remove the bologna from the grill and place a plancha or pan on the grill and allow it to heat up thoroughly. Allow the bologna to rest for 10 minutes or so.
- Slice the bologna in 1/2'” thick slices. Place each slice in the hot pan and sear it for a minute or two per side. Just long enough to develop some nice color.
- Mayo up a slice of bread. Place a slice of the seared bologna on the other piece of bread and top it with a slice of American Cheese. Feel free to add other toppings as you wish but I prefer mine just like this. You can also use mustard or other condiment in place of the mayo, it’s up to you.
- Bite into this delicious piece of culinary artistry and enjoy!
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.