Tacos Al Pastor using a Trompo King
In the taco world, there are many, many types of tacos to choose from. From chicken all the way to tongue, the options are endless. There is one type of taco that always hits the spot for me though and that is tacos al pastor. The beautifully marinated meat on the spike or spit just hits right. If you go to some taco joints, there will be a spinning spit with al pastor meat rotating and cooking away. Well with the Trompo King, you can duplicate the incredible sensation of biting into your favorite taco stand taco, right in the comfort of your own home or casa.
A Trompo King is a stainless-steel dish that has a vertical spike that screws into the center of it. They come in different sizes so you can use them on small grills as well as the biggest smokers. The best part? You can use your Trompo King right in your oven and it will turn out fantastic results too!! You simply thread thin sliced, marinated meats down the spike to form a meat stack. It is then placed in the grill and roasted until it reaches the desired doneness. Once it is done cooking, simply remove it from the grill and slice straight down the sides and serve.
You can make much more than al pastor on your Trompo King. It can be used for shawarma, gyro meat or any other type of stacked meat that you can dream up. It doesn’t even need to be sliced! You can cook whole cuts and the vertical spike will ensure even heating and cooking from all sides. You can find any of the products that CptnRon302 used to make the tasty treats on our website, fogocharcoal.com. Click the link to watch the entire delicioso video. Happy meat stacking!
- Combine all ingredients (except the pork) in a blender or food processor. Blend until fully combined. Place the sliced pork in a resealable bag and pour the marinade over it. Squish it around to make sure all of the meat is covered and has marinade on it. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Fill your grill with FOGO Super Premium Charcoal and prepare it for indirect grilling at 350°.
- Using a meat mallet or bottom of a heavy pan, pound the pork slices so they are a bit thinner.
- Place the bottom of the pineapple on the spike of the Trompo King. Layer the marinated meat on the spike, one piece at a time, pushing down after every two or three pieces.
- Place the crown of the pineapple on top of all of the stacked meat. Place the Meater thermometer into the center of the meat but be careful not to allow the probe to touch the spike.
- Place the Trompo King directly on the conveggtor and close the lid. Continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 150°.
- Remove the Trompo King from the grill. Using a sharp knife, slice down the sides of your meat stack creating small pieces of pork. Continue until all of the pork is trimmed.
- Heat the taco shells on the grill just until they get a little bit of color and grill marks.
- Place a taco shell in your hand, place some of the pork in the shell and add some of the pineapple Pico de Gallo and eat that taco with a big smile on your face!
Receive Free Shipping on all orders over $40
100% Full Satisfaction policy. No questions asked.
Grill Now, Pay Later!
Orders ship within 24 hours! Any questions?