Teriyaki Tofu Fried Rice
I’ve been told that there is more to BBQ and grilling than just beef, chicken and pork. Well, this week I got a lesson in exactly how far away from those that it could get. I am the first one to stray away from these staples but had no idea of the awakening that I was in for. When the idea of a collaboration with Shannon, aka @BigGreenEggFoodie came up, I was very excited. When I learned that she wanted to make a tofu stir fry, my excitement level dropped dramatically! This was about to get interesting.
So after I picked my chin up off of the floor and gathered my thoughts, I figured Hey, why not, let’s give it a try. I know Shannon to be an incredible cook on her Big Green Eggs and her being on their ambassador team, #BGETeamGreen made me comfortable enough to count on being in for a tasty treat. It was a beautiful day here in South Florida and I was ready to try something completely different. So we went to work and I kept my fingers crossed.
Well, I’m here to tell you that I’m really glad that I kept an open mind and let her show me something new on the grill and open my mind to new things. I really did enjoy this cook and look forward to trying more new things in the future.
- Dice pressed tofu into bite sized pieces. Marinate in approx. 1/3 cup of the teriyaki sauce for 2 hours or more, even overnight
- Hollow out the pineapple halves being careful not to cut all the way through. Discard the core and dice the pineapple into bite size pieces.
- Heat the wok to med/high heat, add 2 tbsp oil to the wok. Carefully add the tofu and cook for 4-6 minutes, creating charred crispy edges. Move the tofu up the sides of the wok.
- Add more oil if necessary and add remaining vegetables, pineapple and garlic. Stir the veggies for 3-4 minutes and combine with the tofu.
- Add the rice and approx. 1/3 cup of teriyaki sauce.
- Combine and cook for about 2 minutes longer. Add sauce if needed. Remove the wok from the grill with caution and transfer the stir fry to the pineapple boats, garnish with chopped cilantro and black sesame seeds. Serve immediately and enjoy!
As I said, this was a far departure from what we normally cook but it was an absolute delicious surprise and I am so glad I listened to Shannon. I hope that you’ll try it for yourself. Please tag us in any social media posts that you make from our cooking. We would love to see them and will gladly share it on our social media too. You can find us on Instagram at @FOGOCharcoal, Ron is @CptnRon302 and Shannon is @BigGreenEggFoodie.
Thanks for watching!
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.