The nice part about grilling is that you can pretty much cook anything you’d like on your grill. Most people hear BBQ or grilling and thoughts of steaks, chicken, pork and brisket automatically come to mind. Well I’m here to tell you that there are far more possibilities available to you.
I had a special guest join me for this video, Shannon aka Big Green Egg Foodie on Instagram. Shannon is a lover of all things grilled as long as it is vegetarian. That’s right, she is a full fledged vegetarian. She also happens to be a member of Big Green Egg’s ambassador team so you know she must know what she is talking about. She sure did make a great impression with the recipe for this week.
Now I love tacos, carnitas, carne asada, chicken and so on. When Shannon mentioned making buffalo cauliflower tacos, I just had to see what she was talking about. I am so glad that I did too. These are tasty, spicy and would make me happy on Taco Tuesday or any other day of the week. These would make a great game day snack or any other time. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. Here is how we did it:
- FOGO Charcoal - The First Ingredient
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower cut into 1/2 to 1" pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tsp butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 - 10 flour tortillas
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Pickled red onion, chopped cilantro, shredded carrots. Any other sides or condiments of your liking
- Drizzle the cauliflower with the olive oil, place in a perforated grill pan and grill for 12-15 minutes, stirring every 4-5 minutes until tender and slightly charred.
- Combine the Sriracha, butter and minced garlic in a small, grill safe pan and place on the grill until melted and combined. (Approx. 10 minutes total).
- Once the cauliflower is done and sauce is ready, remove from the grill and combine them in a large bowl. Make sure the cauliflower is fully coated and place it back on the grill in the same grill pan. Cook for approximately 3-5 minutes until the sauce begins to caramelize and get sticky and slightly charred.
- Heat your tortillas on the grates. Remove the cauliflower from the grill and assemble your tacos using the toppings of your choice. Take a bite, make a mmm mmmm sound and enjoy!
Now, I know this is a bit of a departure from our normal grilling but I am so glad that we did it. These tacos were tasty, spicy and fun to make. Shannon really opened my eyes to something new and something I’ll definitely be doing again.