The best Jalapeño Poppers you will ever try!
Looking to grilling up some heat this barbecue season? We have the perfect solution for that, Cajun Crab Jalapeño Poppers! These are a delicious treat mixing spicy jalapeños with some cajun cuisine, so if you like your food hot then this recipe is for you.
To make this recipe standout with Cajun flavors we decided to add some Tasso ham to give it extra spice and a smoky flavor that matches perfectly with the crab. For those who have not heard of Tasso before, it is commonly used in Cajun cuisine and it is cured meat that comes from the pork’s shoulder.
In the end, we top them off with a great remoulade sauce, which will give the poppers the necessary freshness to balance off the heat. So enough talking and let’s get the grilling started!
- Light your FOGO charcoal and set up for direct heat at 300 degrees, we suggest our Super Premium FOGO Charcoal (gold bag) for this recipe. We put the charcoal in the middle of the grill so we can place the jalapeños on the outside and let them cook a little slower. You can cook these with indirect heat as well, but we have found that the jalapenos get mushy if cooked too long indirect. Cooking direct will crisp up the jalapeno slightly and keep its form to hold the filling.
- Dice the Tasso into small pieces and cook in a pan over medium heat. Once browned and slightly crispy, remove and place on paper towels to drain.
- In a bowl, mix together the room temperature cream cheese, tasso crumbles, salt, and pepper until combined. Fold in the crab meat but do not overmix so the crab does not break up too much.
- Slice the jalapeños in half and remove the seeds. Stuff the jalapeños with the crab mixture and place them on the grill until heated through. This should take about 20-25 minutes at 300 degrees.
- While the jalapeños are grilling, make the remoulade sauce. This can be made well in advance and refrigerated to let the flavors intensify even more. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and transfer to a condiment squeeze bottle.
- Just before you remove the jalapeños from the grill, sprinkle on some shredded cheddar cheese and allow this to melt. Drizzle the remoulade sauce over the jalapenos just before serving. That’s it and now it's time to enjoy!
These poppers are great crowd pleasers (as long as they like spicy!), not only are they easy to make but they are also great to sweat off the summer heat. Pair them off with a nice cold beer or cold refreshing drink and you’ve got yourself and awesome treat.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.