The Ultimate Holiday Roast TWO WAYS…and it ain’t Prime Rib!
If you are looking for the ultimate holiday roast, you have come to the right place. I know, I know, Prime Rib is the norm for a holiday roast, but this NY Strip roast will surely amaze your guests. It is tender, simple to make, and it is so full of delicious, beefy flavor. The best part here is that you have a couple of choices of how to serve it. The video will show how to serve it prime rib style or, sliced thin and served as roast beef. Either way you opt for, I promise that people will be taking about this meal for some time to come.
The two different sauces that Captain Ron makes to go with the meal are both fantastic. One is made with the drippings and some beef broth and the other is made up of a blend of horseradish and some other simple ingredients that you just may have in the fridge or pantry already. They are both a great compliment to the beef and it would be hard to decide which is better. One provides some additional beefy flavor and the other gives a tasty flavor with a little zip to it.
From all of us in the FOGO family, we want to wish you and your families a very Happy Holiday season and we thank you so much for all of your support!
- Prepare the horseradish sauce by combining all ingredients and stirring well. Place the sauce in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Pat the roast dry and trim off any excess fat and any extra thick parts of the fat cap. Do NOT remove the fat cap. Rub the meat down with the wagyu tallow, coat the roast generously with the seasoning and allow it to sit out while you prepare the grill.
- Fill your grill with FOGO Super Premium Charcoal. Light the fire using a Blazaball, fire starters and the grill torch. Prepare the grill for indirect cooking at 250°.
- Pour the cherry tomatoes into the Bricknic and cover them with Wagyu Tallow. Place a sprig of rosemary and Oregano on top and cover.
- Place the roast on the Drip n Griddle pan. Insert the Meater+ into the center of the meat. Pour the beef broth into the bottom of the pan and place the pan in the middle of the grate. Carefully place the Bricknic on the grate next to the pan. Close the dome and allow the roast to cook until it hits 120° internal temperature.
- Remove the roast and allow it to rest for a minimum of 10 minutes. If the crust is not to your liking, remove the deflector from the grill and set it up for direct cooking. Allow the grates to heat up and sear the roast for one minute per side.
- If you want Au Jus, scoop the solids out of the drip pan and skim as much fat off as possible. Pour into a serving cup and serve alongside the beef.
- For Prime Rib style of serving, cut the roast into 1” steaks and serve. For Roast Beef, slice the roast as thin as possible and serve. Serve with the Au Jus or Horse Radish Cream Sauce.
- Drain the tomatoes, remove the herbs, and sprinkle the tomatoes with salt. Serve with the beef.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.