Lighting charcoal properly is as important as measuring your meat temps!
Lighting charcoal properly is as important as measuring your meat temps! You don't want the fire to die down in the middle of a cook. To help you prevent this, we have compiled a list of methods on how to light your fire:
- Paper towel and Oil: This is the best method when you do not have anything else. You can find all items in your house and if done properly it always works.
- FOGOstarters: All natural fire starters that will light up your charcoal and ready to cook in 15 min.
- Electric starter/Heat gun: These are good choices to start your charcoal. The Looftlighter is one of our favorites as it's a mix of both electric starter and heat gun. However, it is not a wireless solution and being close to a socket is not always an option.
- Chimney starter: Easy and reliable, this is our favorite chimney starter. It's portability make it our top choice.
- Propane torch: This is a fast and easy way of lighting your charcoal. Our favorite torch y JJGeorge's blow torch.
- Beeswax starters: Similar to our FOGOstarters, just harder to find.
Check out the video below and find the perfect method for you: