We are not much for jumping on fads and things that are trending on social media too often, but this one really grabbed our attention. The simplicity of this dish is only outshined by the incredible flavors that it produced. James Tudor is credited with first posting the basic smoked cream cheese dip and it went completely viral. It blew up TikTok, Instagram and Facebook. Well, we just had to see what all the hype was about. We also decided to go all FOGO Charcoal style on it and kick it up a few notches. We think the extra steps made a great tasting food even better. Go ahead and check out the video and see what you think. While you’re there, don’t forget to Subscribe to the channel, ring the bell for notifications and like and comment what your favorite smoked appetizer is on the video. Until next time, get out and grill and thanks for tuning in to another episode of The FOGO Life!
Recipe Type- Appetizer
Skill Level- Beginner
Grill Time- 2 hours
Number of Servings- 6 to 10
FOGO Charcoal- The First Ingredient
Smoking wood chunks- we used Barrel Proof Bourbon Barrel chunks
1 Eight Ounce block of cream cheese
BBQ Rub- we used PS Seasonings Blue Ribbon Rub
4 slices of bacon
Sliced jalapeño pepper
Pepper Jelly- we used Shaeff’s Sauce Hot Pepper Sauce
Pita chips, thinly sliced bagels, or other chips for dipping
- Prepare your grill for indirect cooking at 225°. Place your smoking chunks around the fire.
- Make an aluminum foil “boat” ½” larger than the block of cream cheese. Place the cream cheese block in the center of the foil boat.
- Lightly score the top of the block of cream cheese in a diamond pattern and coat it in oil.
- Coat the top and bottom of the cream cheese liberally with the BBQ rub.
- Place the foil boat on a wire rack in a pan that will fit in your grill when closed. Lay the bacon and jalapeño slices next to the boat on the wire rack.
- Place the pan on your grill and close it. Let it smoke for 2 hours until the cream cheese has turned a yellowish color on the outside.
- Remove from the grill and chop or crumble the bacon slices.
- Cover the top of the cream cheese with the pepper jelly, bacon, and jalapeños.
- Serve it with the chips or bagel slices. Enjoy!