Hot Dog Taste Test - Part 2
A couple of weeks ago we did a hot dog taste test and we thought we were pretty thorough. Well, we heard about all these other brands that we should have included to make it fair. Evidently, there are many regions in the U.S.A. that specialize in certain brands of hot dog, who knew? We decided to follow up our original experiment with a second installment of the Top Dog contest. I invited our good friend Ninja from Salty Tales Channel to come help taste so that I could not be blamed for playing favorites. Let me tell you, the results were nothing short of surprising! We were both equally shocked at the results. The winner----well, you’ll just have to watch the video to see for yourself!
Recipe Type: Hot Dogs
Skill Level: Beginner
Grill Time: 5-7 minutes
Method: Direct Grilling
# Of Servings: As many as you can eat, as long as you’re not Joey Chestnut
FOGO Charcoal - The First Ingredient
Sabrett Hot Dogs
Applegate Hot Dogs
Stahl-Meyer Hot Dogs
Duck Deli Hot Dogs
Feltman’s of Coney Island Hot Dogs
Great Value (Wal Mart brand) Hot Dogs
A&H Hot Dogs
- Prepare your grill for direct grilling over medium high heat.
- Place your hot dogs on the grill and cook until the bottoms achieve a slight char
- Turn the hotdogs so the top is now on the grates. Cook the hotdogs on all sides for even cooking.
- Remove the dogs and place each in a hot dog bun.
- Taste each dog and decide which is your favorite!
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.