When we did our Best Hot Dog Ever video, we had tons of responses saying that we left out he best of the best, the Vienna Beef Chicago Style Hot Dog. There were also many that agreed with us that Sabrett hot dogs are about as good as you can find anywhere. Well, we just had to make a video starring these two favorites. This is not a competition video of NY-vs-Chicago taste but a celebration of both. The competition part is whether each is better boiled or grilled. The traditional method of prepping both of these very different dogs is to boil them. Well, being a charcoal company, we always prefer everything to be cooked on a grill. There are many opinions on which method is better and we needed to see for ourselves which we preferred. Click the link to watch the video and see if you agree with our findings!
- Fill your grill with FOGO Premium Charcoal and prepare it for raised direct grilling over medium high heat.
- Fill the Romertopf Casserole pan half-way with water, place over high heat until you’ve attained a rolling boil.
- Place your buns in a steamer pot for 10-15 seconds or place in the microwave with a cup of water for 10 seconds.
- Place your hotdogs on the grill and in the boiling water. Once the dogs are in the water, turn off the heat and let them sit in the hot water until ready to serve.
- Cook the hot dogs on the grill by turning every couple of minutes until the outside has a slight char and the skin has darkened.
- Heat your red onions and sauerkraut.
For The Chicago Dogs:
- Remove the Vienna Beef hotdogs from the water and from the grill and place each one in its own seeded bun.
- Garnish the dogs. First, a stripe of mustard. Then the relish, diced onion, two tomato slices tucked in on one side of the dog, a pickle spear on the opposite side, one sport pepper laid on each end and finally a sprinkle of celery salt on the whole thing.
For The NY Dogs:
- Remove the Sabrett’s from the water and grill and place each one in a soft hot dog roll
- Place a layer of spicy mustard, followed by a generous serving of sauerkraut and finally a smattering of the red onion sauce.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.