How to cook the perfect Turkey
This Thanksgiving, let the grill do all of the work for you and give your oven a break. The flavors and texture you will get from cooking it on the grill is unmatched and will provide for a beautiful meal for your friends and family. This is a remarkably simple recipe that my family has used for years and always comes out as a smashing success. You can feel free to add other flavors to the brine or on the skin. The world is your oyster. This Thanksgiving, remember what the holiday is for. Enjoy your friends and family and remember all of the wonderful things that we have to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving from the FOGO family to yours!
- Combine the brine ingredients and pour it over the turkey in a food safe container. Make sure the turkey is completely submerged. Allow the turkey to soak overnight. Make sure it remains cold by surrounding your bucket with ice or placing it in the refrigerator.
- Remove the turkey from the brine and place the bag of ice on the breast meat for one hour. This will cool the breasts while the thighs and legs come up closer to room temperature. This will ensure
- Prepare your grill for indirect cooking at 350°.
- Pat the turkey dry and spray the entire bird with the Duck Fat Spray
- Lightly coat the turkey with garlic powder and cracked black pepper.
- Place the turkey on the grate and place your temperature probe in the thickest part of the breast, making sure it does not touch the bone.
- Cook for one hour and rotate the turkey 180° to make sure that it is cooking evenly.
- Finish cooking the bird. The breast should read 165° when it is done, and the thigh is good anywhere from 165-185°.
- Remove the bird from the grill to a platter. Loosely tent the turkey with foil and allow it to rest for 15 minutes minimum and up to ½ hour. This will allow the juices to redistribute and give a more moist and tender turkey.
- Carve the bird the way that you like and serve.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.