Smoked Wagyu Beef Back Ribs
Beef ribs can be a very daunting task to tackle if you’ve never done them, but take it from me, they are much easier than you may think. They cook very much like a brisket, except it’s only about 3 hours instead of ten or more. If you follow these simple instructions shown in the video, you too will be incredibly happy with the results. They are quite simple to do but you must follow certain steps in order to attain the desired results. You know, meaty, juicy, tasty, and tender beef ribs. This collaboration with Meat N' Bone was a real pleasure and their meats are top quality.
- Remove the ribs from the packaging and pat them dry. Score the bottom (bone side) of the ribs in a diamond pattern. Allow the ribs to rest and breathe for at least 10 minutes.
- Fill your grill with FOGO Super Premium Charcoal and prepare the grill for indirect cooking at 275°.
- Coat the ribs with mustard, then with the seasoning, making sure to get full coverage
- Add 3-4 Smoking wood chunks to the fire. Place one right in the fire and the rest around the edge of the burning fire.
- Place the ribs, bone side down on the grate and close the lid.
- Continue to smoke the ribs for 1 ½ to 2 hours or until they reach an internal temp of 170-180°. They should have a nice firm bark set by now.
- Remove the ribs from the smoker and wrap in pink butchers’ paper or foil and return them to the grill, bone side down
- Cook the ribs for another hour or until a probe slides in with no resistance. You can use 203° as a guideline but make sure the probe goes in with ease. The meat will have pulled back considerably by this point and the bones will be smiling at you.
- Remove the ribs from the grill again and place them in a Cambro or cooler, cover with towels and close the lid. Allow the ribs to rest for at least ½ hour before slicing them.
- Unwrap the ribs, cut in between the bones and serve.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.