Pork Steaks on the Weber Kettle Grill
Pork steaks are a delicious and cheap treat, they can be prepared quickly and have amazingly results. Pork steaks are cut from the shoulder/butt of a pig and have the perfect meat to fat ratio which makes them incredibly tender.
- Take your pork butt out of the bag, pat it dry. Cut the pork butt into steaks, you can make it as thick or thin as you’d like.
- Coat both sides of the steak with a nice even coat of salt and pepper. Don’t forget to season up your sides.
- Place the steaks on the wire rack, leave them overnight in the fridge.
- Next day - prepare your weber for direct heat with an elevated cooking grate. Refer to video if you have any questions.
- Place your pork steaks on the elevated cooking grate and cook them for 2 hours at 250-300F.
- Flip them over and meanwhile it keeps cooking, let’s prepare the mopping sauce.
- MOPPING SAUCE: Add some butter to a pot, let the butter melt until bubbly and add the onions and garlic until it softens up. Add all the other ingredients to the pot, mix it up, make sure everything is well dissolved and bring it to a simmer. To finish the mopping sauce, add some beer to the mixture.
- Mop your meat with the mop sauce every 10 minutes.
- Remove the pork steaks from the heat when internal temperature is 190
- Wrap it up or and let it rest until internal temperature gets to 150F.
- Slice your steak and enjoy!
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.