The Famous NY Chopped Cheese Sandwich
Philadelphia may have the cheesesteak, but there is a sandwich that has come out of Brooklyn, NY that is sure to blow you away. It is called the Chopped Cheese Sandwich. It is a very simple sandwich but make no mistake about it, it is DELICIOUS!!! It started in the bodega’s (small grocery stores, usually in Spanish speaking neighborhoods) and had quickly gained notoriety throughout the entire country, thanks to social media. The theory is that the sketchier the bodega, the better the sandwich! Try one for yourself and let us know what you think. Simply click the link to watch the entire recipe video. There is even a surprise appearance by our old friend “NY Tony” in it! You don’t want to miss this one!
- Fill your grill with FOGO Premium Charcoal and prepare it for direct Grilling over a medium high fire.
- Place the plancha on the grate and allow it to heat up with the grill.
- Coat the plancha with Wagyu Beef Tallow and allow it to heat up.
- Split your ground beef into 4 equal parts and form a patty or meatball shape with them.
- Place the sliced onions and peppers on the plancha and cook until they begin to soften and are turning translucent.
- Place the beef patties or balls on the plancha. Sprinkle them with the Greek Freak Seasoning and sprinkle a little on the veggies as well. Now, allow them to cook for a few minutes.
- Flip the beef over and allow it to cook for a minute or so.
- Using your grill spatula, begin breaking up the ground beef and chopping it into small pieces. Continue cooking and chopping it until the beef is fully broken up and there is no more pink.
- Combine the meat and vegetables. Cover it all with slices of American Cheese and allow it to melt.
- While the cheese is melting, slice your hoagie rolls open (not all the way through) and place them face down on the plancha next to the meat/veggie pile.
- Once the rolls have started to brown, take them off and put a layer of ketchup and a layer of mayo on each one. Divide the meat/veggie mixture by however many rolls you have. Fill each roll with some of the mixture.
- Top each sandwich with tomato slices. You can add some lettuce too if you’d like, it is good either way! Now dive in and take a bite.
Receive Free Shipping on all orders over $40
100% Full Satisfaction policy. No questions asked.
Grill Now, Pay Later!
Orders ship within 24 hours! Any questions?