Pulled Pork Jalapeno Poppers
We are well into football season and our tailgating series continues. This week we decided to spice things up a bit and made jalapeno poppers, with a few twists. These are sure to elevate your tailgating game or any other time that you serve them. One thing is for sure, your guests are going to go crazy for them so be sure to make plenty! Now head on over to the video and watch as we show how to prepare this tasty dish!
Skill level: Intermediate
Grill Time: 45 Minutes
Method: Indirect- Smoking
Number of Servings: 5-8
- FOGO Premium Charcoal - The First Ingredient
- 6 or more jalapeno peppers, sliced in half and seeds and veins removed. (If you like extra spicy, leave the veins and seeds)
- 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz shredded sharp cheddar
- 4 oz pulled pork
- 2 TBSP Meat Church Honey Hog BBQ Rub (or your favorite rub) plus more for dusting
- 1 package of thin sliced bacon
- BBQ Sauce
- Thin sliced green onion for garnish
- Prepare your grill with FOGO Charcoal for indirect grilling at 350°
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar, pulled pork and BBQ rub and mix thoroughly
- Fill each jalapeno half with the mixture. It is ok to have it mounding a bit.
- Wrap each jalapeno with bacon. Start each one with bacon on the bottom and finish with bacon on the bottom. This will allow the bacon to cook and not pull back as it shrinks when it cooks.
- Sprinkle each popper with the BBQ rub and place on the grate.
- Cook for 30 minutes. If they are looking almost done (bacon getting crispy) coat the top of each one with BBQ sauce and allow to cook for an additional 15 minutes
- Remove the poppers from the grill and allow to cool slightly. When you first take them off, they will be nuclear hot.
- Sprinkle the tops with green onion and serve.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.