Smoked Bruschetta Salmon
This is the salmon recipe that will have your guests coming back for more. From the buttery flavor of the fish to the fresh flavors of the tomato bruschetta, this meal will have your taste buds tingling for more. The best part is that the whole meal is ready to serve in less than 30 minutes! Remember the first rule in cooking though, to have a great end product, you must start with the right ingredients. We used Verlasso Salmon in this cook because of the high quality and sustainability of their fish. It is truly second to none. Click the link to watch the entire video and see just how beautiful this dish is when served. While you are there, remember to subscribe, like and leave us a comment to let us know you were there!
- Fill your grill with FOGO Premium Charcoal and prepare for grilling over medium high heat. Add 2-3 Bourbon Barrel Wood Chunks to the fire five minutes prior to cooking if you would like some smokiness to the dish.
- Slice your salmon filet into steaks approximately 4 fingers wide using your hand to measure. Apply half of the European Blend Seasoning to the top side of the salmon steaks.
- Heat 2 TBSP of the oil in the carbon steel pan. Add the salmon steaks to the pan, skin side down, being sure to not overcrowd the pan. Close the dome and cook for roughly 6 minutes. The salmon should be turning opaque.
- Using The Ultimate Spatula, flip the salmon and cook on the flesh side for 6 more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145° and flakes easily. Remove the salmon from the pan and transfer to a plate.
- Pour the rest of the olive oil into the pan, then the chopped onion. Cook the onion until it is soft and translucent, stirring often to prevent burning. That should take around 4 minutes, maybe a touch longer. Add the garlic to the pan and continue cooking and stirring for 30 seconds.
- Pour the tomatoes into the pan and season with the rest of the European Seasoning. Continue until the tomatoes start to blister, stir often. Remove the pan from the heat and combine the lemon juice into the tomato, onion, garlic mixture.
- Serve the salmon on a plate with the bruschetta mixture spooned over the top. Drizzle balsamic glaze over the bruschetta salmon and top with the basil and parmesan cheese.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.