Beef Jerky in the Smoker
Is there any better snack when you are on a road trip than beef jerky? I cannot stop for gas without picking up a package of that mass produced meat like substance. Well, this recipe just may change the way that you snack. It is easy and it is delicious! The combination of flavors in the marinade along with the sweet hint of smoke makes for what many may consider, the perfect snack! Do not be afraid to make beef jerky at home. It is easy, relatively inexpensive and is absolutely delicious!
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, meat tenderizer, black pepper, red pepper flakes, onion powder, and garlic powder. Whisk until everything is combined and the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the meat in a large sealable container or large Ziplock bag. Pour the marinade over the meat and mix it all around until all of the meat is coated. Seal the bag or container and place it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 12 hours. (the longer the marinade, the more flavor) stir the meat or shake the container a few times while it is marinating.
- Prepare your smoker for indirect cooking by placing a small pile of FOGO Premium charcoal in your smoker and heat it to 175°. Add some Smoking chunks. In a kamado style cooker, both the top and bottom vents will be almost entirely closed.
- Remove the meat and lay each piece on paper towels. Cover with another paper towel and dry the beef.
- Thread the meat onto the skewer by piercing each piece at the top so they are hanging off of the skewer. Lay the skewer on the elevated cooking grid so the meat hangs down through the slots.
- Place the elevated cooking grid in your smoker and close the lid. Continue cooking for 3-4 hours, until the meat is dried out. The meat should be dried, yet still a bit pliable.
- Enjoy your jerky! Store it in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to one week. For longer storage, place it in the refrigerator or freezer.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.