Spatchcock Nashville Hot Beer Can Frog Chicken
There are many, many ways to cook a chicken on the grill and the newest craze is something called Frog Chicken. It was introduced by our friend, Al Frugoni and has taken social media by storm. It gets its name from the way that the chicken looks after preparing it. The way that it lays, greatly resembles a frog! The way that it is carved will allow the bird to cook more evenly than even a spatchcocked chicken will and turn out the juiciest bird that you can imagine. The addition of beer in the pan will also help keep this bird incredibly moist and tender. This really combines the best of all methods of chicken preparation.
- Fill your grill with FOGO Super Premium Charcoal and prepare it for Indirect Grilling at 375°.
- Prepare your chimichurri by placing equal amounts of the chimmi and red wine vinegar into a bowl. Stir and allow it to soak in for ten minutes. Once it is hydrated, add an equal amount of the olive oil, and stir to combine. Set aside for later.
- Take your knife and cut under the breast and in between the leg and breast on each side of the chicken. Peel back the breast to “open” the chicken up.
- Flip the chicken over and press down firmly on the breast where it meets the rest of the body. You want the chicken to lay flat on the surface. Use the knife to remove the wing tips.
- Gently separate the skin from the meat on the legs, thighs, and breasts. Do this by putting your hand in between them and pushing softly, being careful not to tear the skin. Rub some chimichurri under the skin and evenly distribute it.
- Rub the outside of the chicken lightly with chimichurri. Once it has a light coat, sprinkle evenly with the BBQ rub.
- Fill the bottom of the Drip N Griddle pan with the beer and lay the chicken on the rack. Place the Meater+ in the center of the thickest part of the breast. Set the entire pan in the center of your preheated grill. Close the lid and cook until the thermometer is reading 165°.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before carving.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.