Smoked Pork Spare Ribs on the Weber
These smoked pork spare ribs on the grill are super easy and perfect for beginners who want a classic Texas BBQ meal. These pork ribs are rubbed only with salt & pepper, slow cooked until fall-apart-tender then basted with your favorite BBQ sauce or can top it off with our hot honey.
- Take your rack out of the bag, pat them dry. Trim the bone and cartilage on the side.
- Clean up your ribs. Remove skirt meat on the back and remove extra flappy meats. And let’s give a nice shape to the rack, square off your ribs to make sure the extra meat doesn’t burn or dry out. Refer to the video for more info.
- Coat both sides of the ribs with a nice even light kosher salt and pepper. Don’t forget to season up your sides too.
- Prepare your grill - fill your Weber with FOGO Premium Charcoal and prepare it for a low and slow method. Refer to the video if you have any questions. Add some woods chunks to give a great smoke.
- Place the ribs on the indirect very low heat side of the grill and cook them for around 5 hours at 250-300F degrees.
- After 2 hours, check your ribs. Spritz some apple cider vinegar to your ribs to keep your meat juicy. Turn your ribs bone side down to add color to your bottom side of the ribs. Meanwhile, make the glaze.
- In a saucepan over low heat on the stove, add apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and garlic cloves until sugar has melted and garlic has infused. Increase the heat and cook for around 10 minutes until the sauce is a little thicker, stirring regularly. You must have a thicker consistency, but it must be able to go through the spritz. Let it cool.
- Spray it all over your ribs periodically over the next hour.
- After the ribs have been cooking for 4 hours, remove them from the heat, internal temperature is 175F.
- Prepare aluminum paper to wrap them up. Brush the racks with a BBQ sauce or our hot honey (both sides).
- Wrap them up – leave your ribs bones side up – and let them rest for 30 minutes or until your ribs have an internal temperature of around 150F.
- Slice your ribs and enjoy!
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.