…Are you ready for some footbaaaaaaaaaaaall????? I sure hope so, it’s the big game and the last one until September! The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the first team to play the Super Bowl in their home stadium and the Kansas City Chiefs are going to do their best to make sure that they keep them from winning there too! Tom Brady vs Patrick Mahomes???? This has all of the makings to be one of the most epic Super Bowl’s EVER! We knew we had to come up with something super special for this one so we took two hot and trending food topics and combined them. Smoked Queso has been filling social media for months and the Nacho Table trend has had TikTok filled with videos. So, we decided to throw a Hail Mary and combine the two. It was a great play call that ended up scoring a touchdown with a two point conversion! Queso Nacho Table for the win in #TheFOGOBowl!
I’ve made a crock pot version of this queso for years and was so excited when Meat Church® first came out with the idea of the Smoked Queso. I watched as every bbq and grilling person on social media came up with their version of it and they all looked so good. Then, the nacho table phenomenon exploded and it seemed like such a great, fun idea. Hey, why not go crazy and just combine the two? That’s exactly what we did and we sure are glad we did. This was so much fun and so tasty, it is sure to have your Super Bowl guests talking about it for a long time to come. It is really easy to make and only has 7 easy ingredients. You can feel free to substitute the listed ingredients for something else that you may prefer, but it is pretty tasty just the way it is!
- FOGO Charcoal- The First Ingredient
- 1 block of Velveeta Cheese (2 lb)
- 16 oz Smoked Gouda Cheese
- 2 tubes breakfast sausage-we used Jimmy Dean, 1 HOT, 1 regular (original recipe calls for two tubes of hot)
- 2 cans Rotel
- 1 can Cream of “whatever” soup- Cream of Chicken, jalapeno, poblano….we used Cream of Celery
- ½ Cup chopped fresh Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp Meat Church Holy Voodoo- we used Holy Gospel
- As many bags of Nacho Chips as you’ll need to cover your table. We used 4 bags on Don Pancho’s brand nacho chips
- Fill your grill or smoker with FOGO Premium charcoal and get it ready for indirect cooking at 350°. You can add your favorite smoking wood if you’d like but we found it had enough smoke flavor with the charcoal alone.
- Cook the sausage in a separate pan until browned. Drain the grease and place the sausage in a disposable foil roasting pan.
- Chop the Velveeta and Gouda into 1” chunks and add them to the aluminum pan. Pour all of the canned ingredients into the pan as well, including all of the liquids.
- Sprinkle all of the ingredients with the 2 Tbsp of seasoning.
- Place the pan in your smoker for approximately 45 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes to combine all ingredients. During the last 5 minutes, add most of the cilantro, saving some for garnish after removing from the grill.
- Cover your entire table with a disposable plastic tablecloth and cover it with nacho chips. Place any condiments, chopped onions, refried beans, salsa, sliced jalapenos, guacamole etc in bowls in the center of the table.
- Remove the Queso from the grill and immediately pour the contents evenly over the nacho chips. Call your guests over (they’ll probably already be watching with anticipation) and allow them to dig in!
This was a really fun cook and even more fun to enjoy with our guests. They all remarked how great the queso was and that they really enjoyed the idea of eating right off of the table. I know this, whichever team comes out victorious, the real winners will be your friends and family by enjoying this epic snack together. I say snack but be warned, it is VERY filling!!!
Please remember to be safe and still enjoy yourselves for the big game. We would love to see what snacks you have grilled or smoked up. Post it on your social media, tag and follow @FOGOCharcoal & @cptnron302 and use #TheFOGOBowl to be featured on our stories! Thanks for joining us and we look forward to seeing you next time on, The FOGO Life!