Easy Super Bowl Chicken Wings
It is time for the big game again and I’m not really sure which is my favorite part, the game, the commercials or the tasty food that goes along with the Super Bowl. Seeing as how the commercials for the last few years have been kind of a let down, I can quickly eliminate that. My Miami Dolphins didn’t make it……AGAIN (HEY, they’re improving) so that doesn’t help the argument for the game and I guess that just leaves the tasty tasty treats.
The combination of football and chicken wings just seems to go together like peas and carrots, Batman and Robin and Laurel and Hardy. Ok Ok so I dated myself with that last one but it doesn’t change the fact that I love me some buffalo wings. That spicy sauce, the crispy skin, and these happen to be loaded with garlic so there will be no fear of vampires invading your party. Make these for your guests and it will be a touchdown for sure! They’re pretty easy to make and they always seem to be the first thing to be devoured. Here is how to do it:
- Arrange your chicken wings on a rack in a sheet pan. Using a paper towel, dry both sides of the wings. Place the rack, uncovered in the refrigerator overnight to help dry the skin. This will help make for a much crispier skin on the final product.
- After removing the wings from the refrigerator, spray them liberally with cooking spray. My personal preference is Duck Fat Spray but you can use any cooking spray that you’d like. Coat the top side of the wings with your preferred poultry rub or just salt & pepper. If you choose to use a rub, make sure that it is does not contain a high amount of sugar or your wings will burn during the grilling stage.
- Light your charcoal in the center of the grill and place the deflector in. If your grill does not have a deflector, simply place the charcoal to one side to create 2 zones, direct (cooking directly over the fire) and indirect (no flames underneath). Get the grill burning at a steady 350°.
- Assemble your sauce in a small cast iron or grill proof pan. Combine the hot sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire, cayenne and minced garlic.Place the wings directly on the grate over the deflector or on the indirect side. Place the drum sections of the wings so that the fatter end is closest to the heat source so they will cook evenly. Cook for approximately 40 minutes or until the wings start to turn a nice golden color. Flip the wings and continue to cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Place the pot of sauce on the grill at the same time and allow it to melt and combine while the wings cook.
- Remove the wings from the grill and place them in a large bowl. Pour the wing sauce over the wings and stir to coat. At this point, you can place them back on the direct side for about a minute per side to cook the sauce onto the wings or simply serve them right out of the bowl. Serve with carrot and celery sticks and the dressing of your choice, Ranch or Blue Cheese. Although, for me, blue cheese is the only choice. Are you a Blue Cheese or Ranch fan?
I am sure that you will be the most popular person at your Super Bowl Party with these incredible grilled Buffalo Wings. Don’t hesitate to let everyone know where to see the video and share the recipe. We would love it if you tag us in your social media posts so that we can see the tasty food you cook up for the big game and we may even share it to our page!
I’m really not sure which team I’m rooting for yet but I’m leaning toward the Tampa Bay Bucaneers. We are located in Florida and it is pretty cool that this is the first time ever that a team is playing for the Championship in their home stadium. Whoever you are rooting for, I wish you good luck, have fun and please remember to stay safe.
Be sure to tune in for the next video as we will be making smoked queso dip with an entire table covered in nachos. An entire table of goodness that your guests can enjoy together while still social distancing. Until then, enjoy the wings and thanks for joining us for this edition of #TheFOGOLife!
Receive Free Shipping on all orders over $40
100% Full Satisfaction policy. No questions asked.
Grill Now, Pay Later!
Orders ship within 24 hours! Any questions?