The Buffallonion Bomb
So, you like spicy buffalo chicken wings, huh? Do you like onions? How about bacon? Well, if you are anything like me, you answered yes to all of the above questions. If you did, this is the perfect treat for you. It combines all of those delicious flavors for what just may be the perfect tailgating food. Heck, it just may qualify as the perfect any time food! The spiciness from the buffalo chicken combined with the zing of the onion and the incredible flavor of the blue cheese, will put you right in grill heaven! Feel free to make any changes that you see necessary, but I’d advise trying them just as described in the video. Trust me, you won’t be sorry!
Recipe Type- Poultry- spicy, tasty poultry
Skill Level- Intermediate
Grill Time- ½ hour- 45 minutes
Method- Indirect Grilling
# Of servings- 2-3
FOGO Premium Charcoal - The First Ingredient
1 Lb. Ground Chicken
3 TBSP Butter, softened
½ Cup Hot Sauce
1 Package thin sliced bacon
1 Container of Blue Cheese Crumbles
Blue Cheese dressing
- Fill your grill with FOGO and prepare it for indirect cooking at 300-350°
- Cut the ends off of the onions and remove the peel. Carefully remove the 2 outer rings of the onion and keep them together and intact.
- Combine the ground chicken, as much or little hot sauce as your taste can handle, 3 tbsp of butter and mix thoroughly.
- Fill each onion half with the chicken mix. Use two fingers to make a hole in the middle of the chicken mix and fill it with blue cheese crumbles. Press the two halves together. Continue with more onion peels until you have no more chicken mixture left.
- Lay 2 pieces of bacon down on your work surface in a crisscross X pattern. Place the Buffallonion bomb in the center and wrap the bacon up the onion, making sure to cover the seam with the bacon. Use toothpicks to secure the bacon at the top.
- Place the bombs on the grill and cook until the bacon is just starting to get crispy. Pour some extra hot sauce over the top and continue cooking until the bacon is crispy. The internal temperature should be at least 165° to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove them from the grill and allow them to cool for a minute or two. Slice the onions in half and pour some blue cheese dressing over them. Cut into bite sized pieces and devour these tasty and spicy treats!
Receive Free Shipping on all orders over $40
100% Full Satisfaction policy. No questions asked.
Grill Now, Pay Later!
Orders ship within 24 hours! Any questions?