Breaking In Your Big Green Egg With Smoked Chuck Roast
When it comes to a New Big Green Egg, there is not much to do when you start using it. Assemble it and start making pizza, right? Wrong! There are a few things to do as you start using your new Egg. If you just follow these few simple directions on how to properly break it in, you are sure to get years of hassle-free enjoyment from your new kamado grill. As an added bonus, we break in our new BGE by smoking a chuck roast and pairing it with delicious tomato salad and asparagus. So, click the link to watch the video and see how easy each and every step of the process is (delicious too).
- Coat the entire chuck roast with the FOGO rub and place uncovered in the refrigerator while you prepare the grill.
- Fill your grill with FOGO Charcoal and prepare it for indirect cooking at 275°.
- When the grill has come to temperature, place your wood chunks in with the charcoal and place the chuck roast on the grate.
- Continue smoking the roast until it you have achieved an internal temperature of 165°.
- Remove the meat from the grill and wrap it in pink butchers’ paper or foil and place it right back on the grill.
- Once the wrapped meat is at 203°, and a probe slides in with little to no resistance, remove it from the grill.
- Place the wrapped roast in a small cooler to rest for a minimum of one hour.
- Remove the roast from the wrap and slice it across the grain in ¼” slices.
Combine all ingredients and allow it to marinate for a minimum of one hour, overnight if possible.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.