Homemade Beef Hot Dogs
Freshly ground beef chuck stuffed into cellulose casings to make the freshest and flavorful homemade hotdogs. Check out the recipe, Chuds will walk you through the video.
- Cut the chuck roast into strips to make them fit into the grinder.
- Place them into the fridge while setting up your grinder. Set it up with the smallest grinder. Grind it 3 times to make your meat more consistent. OR ask your butcher to make these steps for you.
- Mix up your spices together in a bowl.
- Set up your mixer and place the grounded beef into the mixing bowl. Add up your spices to the grounded beef and add some water to loosen up your meat.
- Leave your meat mixing until you get the hot dog texture.
- Place your meat into the sausage stuffer. Press the meat altogether, you don’t want any air pockets in the casing.
- Place the cellulose casing package into the horn and tie a knot at the end of the casing.
- Stuff the casings into a 12-inch wiener and twist off to make the separation between each wiener. Make sure not to get any air pockets. Repeat until you’re done with all the meat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare your grill to smoke the wieners. Place some FOGO Super Premium coals into your Weber and when they’re fully lit, place some wood chunks to give a nice smoke flavor. Refer to the video if you have any questions.
- Place your wieners (indirect to the fire) into the grill and try to keep the grill at 200F for a few hours. Close the lid.
- After 3 hours, check out your wieners. Once internal temperature of the wieners reached 145F, immediately place them in a cold-water bath for 10 minutes.
- Take the wieners out from the casing. Just cut one end and they should come out with ease.
- Prepare your weber for direct heat to grill the hot dogs and give them the charr flavor.
- Serve on Hoagie Rolls, add some mustard and diced onions and enjoy!
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.