A while back, a viral sensation hit social media and it was nothing more than corn on the cob, sliced, grilled and sauced. Well, I will be honest, I didn’t see what the big deal was until I tried it for myself. Let me tell you, I am glad that I did. This is a fun and delicious way to enjoy grilling some corn on the cob and is perfect for a cookout or picnic. Everyone always loves it, and it is one of the first things to disappear when the food is served. Use your imagination and put your own spin on it with different sauces and rubs. I have made it utilizing the PS Seasonings Notorious PIG rub in place of the chili powder and used BBQ sauce in place of the crema mixture. That is a definite winner as well. To see the easiest way to prepare and cook the corn, hit the link to watch the video for yourself and enjoy a fun summer of grilling!
- Fill your grill with FOGO Premium Charcoal and prepare it for Raised, Direct Grilling over medium heat.
- Prepare the sauce. Combine ½ Cup Mayonnaise, ½ Cup Crema and 1 tsp chili powder. Stir until completely combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut the ends off of each ear of corn. Stand each cob up and place the knife across the top. Press firmly to cut the cob in half lengthwise. Lay each half on the cutting board with the flat side down and cut each of those halves lengthwise in half again, creating 4 equal sized corn “ribs”. Repeat for each cob.
- Using your basting brush, coat each rib on all sides with mayonnaise and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the corn ribs on the grill and cook for 10-15 minutes, flipping as needed to grill each side. The corn is ready to turn when it is beginning to attain a light brown color on the kernels. Once all three sides have the color, they are done.
- Once the corn is done, remove from the grill onto a cookie sheet or platter. Drizzle the Crema mixture all over the corn or use the basting brush to apply a liberal coat. Sprinkle lightly with the chili powder. Coat each rib with the parmesan cheese and sprinkle chopped cilantro over them. They are now ready to be devoured.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.