Grilled Lamb Loin Chops
Grilled Lamb Loin Chops come out juicy, tender, and perfect every time. This grilled lamb recipe is fancy enough for a weekend dinner party, but also easy enough to pull it together on a busy weekend!
A Lamb Loin Chop is cut from the back waist of the lamb and doesn’t have a rib bone. Both loin chops and rib chops have tender meat. The loin chop cut of meat is generally a bit meatier than rib chops, and they look like mini-T-bone steaks.
- Take your lamb loin chops from the tray. Season the lamb chops with a nice and heavy coat of kosher salt, black pepper and granulated garlic.
- Put them in the fridge until you are all ready to grill them.
- Meanwhile, do the tzatziki sauce to pair it up with the lamb. Start by peeling of the cucumber and grate it. Add some kosher salt to the grated cucumber and leave it rest for 10 -15 minutes to draw some of the moisture.
- While waiting, add some Greek yoghurt to another bowl. Add 4 minced cloves of fresh garlic, salt, pepper, and the juice of one-half lemon to the yogurt. Chop fresh dill and mint to add to the mixture.
- After 10-15 minutes, bring out all the liquid from the cucumber. Strain it with a light cloth or paper towel.
- Mix the cucumber with the yogurt mix. Add any more salt and pepper if needed. Make aside the tzatziki sauce to make sure the flavors blend in together. Place it in the fridge while the lamb chops are being grilled.
- Fill your Weber with FOGO Premium Charcoal and prepare your weber for an open face grilling – allow the grill to have a hot and cold zone. Refer to the video if you have questions.
- Grill the lamb chops on the hot zone until the internal temperature is around 120 to 130 degrees F.
- Remove them from heat. While still hot, add some extra olive oil to the chops.
- Allow the lamb chops to rest for 5 – 10 minutes before serving!! Enjoy the lamb chops with the tzatziki sauce!!
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.