Brisket is one meat that many people have a hard time cooking. Well, we have a way here that is fairly fool proof and can almost guarantee success. It is a very simple process to follow along with and we know that you will be very pleased with the juicy results! Click the link and watch the brisket video for yourself.
- Trim the hard fat off of the brisket as well as any loose pieces of fat and any silver skin.
- Combine the Salt & Pepper and coat the entire brisket with it. Let the brisket sit out while you prepare the grill.
- Fill your grill with FOGO Super Premium Charcoal and prepare for indirect cooking at 250°. Once your fire is going and is steadily holding temperature, place 4 or 5 smoking blocks on and around the fire.
- Place your brisket on the rack in a Drip N Griddle Pan and Insert a Meater thermometer into the thickest part of the flat. Fill the pan with the ¾ cup of broth and place the entire thing on the grill.
- Smoke your brisket for 4-5 hours or until the thermometer has reached 165°. Remove the pan from the grill and wrap the entire thing, pan and all in foil. Return the covered pan to the grill and allow it to continue cooking for approximately 5 more hours until the internal temperature has reached 203°. You can start checking the meat with a probe, somewhere around 195° just in case your brisket is done at a little earlier temperature. When the probe slides in with little or no resistance, that is how you know that your brisket is done!
- Take the wrapped pan and lay it down with covers or blankets covering it. Allow the brisket to rest for 1 hour, then place it on a cutting board to prepare for slicing.
- Carve the brisket across the grain in slices about as thick as a #2 pencil.. If you do not carve across the grain, You will have a very tough and chewy bite. Once that you get about halfway, spin the brisket 90°and carve the fat end or the point. Once you’re done slicing, you can pour some of the pan juices over the meat or simply dunk the brisket slices in the juices. You are now ready to serve this delicious and juicy treat.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.