Spicy Smoked Pineapple on the Trompo King Mini
When you think of grilling, what comes to mind? Chicken, pork and beef, right? Well there are many, many other foods that can be improved by grilling. One of these foods is pineapple. The sugars in a pineapple really shine through when grilled due to the caramelization from the heat. Today’s recipe is a spicy and delicious grilled treat. Be careful, it can get too spicy pretty quickly though if you are not careful with the rub and honey. The Trompo King is the perfect vehicle to getting a nice, even cook on your pineapple and really builds the flavors nicely.
- Place the pineapple slices in a sealable bag and pour your bourbon over them. Mix around so all of the pineapple is coated and allow to marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Fill your grill with FOGO Premium Charcoal and prepare it for indirect grilling at 350°.
- Remove the pineapple from the bag and pat dry. Reserve the liquids for later. LIGHTLY sprinkle each piece with the rub. (We used WAY too much rub in the video and it was fire HOT).
- Stack the pineapple slices on the Trompo King and finish it off with the crown.
- Place the Trompo King in the center of your grill grate and close the dome. Allow to cook for 1 hour and remove from the grill.
- Combine the reserved pineapple/liquor liquids and 2 tbsp of the honey in a small grill safe pot. You can add a bit of the rub as well but beware that it is already going to be spicy. Place it on the grill and bring to a boil. Allow it to reduce. Once reduced, remove the crown from the Trompo pineapple and pour the liquids over the top.
- You can take the pineapple off whole or slice the pineapple down the sides to create bite sized pieces.
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.