The Juiciest Pulled Pork You’ll Ever Make!!!
Pulled pork is an absolute BBQ staple that anyone who is interested in smoked meats should know how to make. It has been prepared the same way for years: smoke, wrap in foil, cook, shred. Well, there is no arguing that this is a great method, but our own Captain Ron has come up with a way to improve upon that process. Gone are the days of ripped foil, losing all of the juices and not having pulled pork as tasty and moist as it should be. By using the new Romertopf Casserole Dish available on fogocharcoal.com, it eliminates all of the problems and actually makes the process even easier than before. No messes to clean up and the result is the most moist and juicy pulled pork that you can ever hope for!
- Fill your grill with FOGO Super Premium Charcoal and prepare it for Indirect Grilling at 250°. Place 4-5 smoking chunks in and around the fire bed.
- Lightly score the fat cap, just down to the meat in a diamond shaped pattern. If using a boneless pork butt, use kitchen twine to tie it so it stays as one solid piece.
- Lightly coat the pork with mayonnaise and cover in the BBQ seasoning, making sure to get the rub into all of the crevices and into the score marks on the fat cap.
- Cover the bottom of the Grill Pot with chicken broth and place a grate over the top of the pot. Insert the temperature probe so the point is on the middle of the meat and clip the other to the grate near where the pot will go. Place the pork butt on the grate and place it all in the center of the grill grate.
- Allow the pork to cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165° or until the bark has achieved to desired color. Remove the rack from under the pork and place the butt down into the pot. Cover the pot with aluminum foil and continue cooking until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 203°. Remove from the grill and place it into a cooler on a towel for one hour to allow it to rest.
- Remove the pot from the cooler and remove the aluminum foil. Shred the pork, mixing it with the juices in the bottom of the pot. Sprinkle the top with additional rub and mix to combine. Serve it as is with some BBQ sauce or make yourself a tasty sandwich!
Receive free shipping on all orders over $40
We guarantee 100% of all FOGO purchases
Questions? We're here,
ready to help.
Our charcoal is made from the best for the best grilling.