This easy homemade bratwurst recipe is perfect for grilling on the Weber Kettle. It is an all pork sausage, which makes it perfect to invite family and friends plus staying within a budget.
- Take your pork butt out of the bag. Cut the pork butt into 2-inch cubes pieces to make it easier for the grinder and get the bone out.
- Place the meat in the freezer to get your meat chilled.
- Place your meat into the grinder. If you don’t have a meat grinder, you can pulse it in your food processor in small batches.
- In a small mixing bowl, get all the spices together.
- Mix your meat with all the spices and let the spices combine well with the meat.
- After a few minutes mixing, add the heavy cream and let it mix well.
- Place your meat into the sausage stuffer. Press the meat altogether, you don’t want any air pockets in the casing.
- Place the natural casing package into the horn and tie a knot at the end of the casing.
- Stuff the casings into a 5-6-inch hot dog and twist off to make the separation between each wiener. Make sure not to get any air pockets. Repeat until you’re done with all the meat.
- Let them sit up in room temperature for 30 minutes. Then place them into the fridge to get the casing dry.
- Cut the brats individual and place them into the fridge overnight.
- Prepare your grill to smoke the brats. Place some FOGO Premium coals into your Weber and when they’re fully lit, place some wood chunks to give a nice smoke flavor. Refer to the video if you have any questions.
- Slice an onion and place it in a pan with a little bit of butter. Let them cook and add beer to the mixture. Place 4 brats into the mixture.
- After around 10 minutes when you see them plump, get your brats directly into the coals. Grill your sausages for 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Serve on a roll, place your homemade bratwursts inside, top with mustard and sauerkraut. Serve and enjoy
Receive Free Shipping on all orders over $40
100% Full Satisfaction policy. No questions asked.
Grill Now, Pay Later!
Orders ship within 24 hours! Any questions?